How to Apply for Medicaid in Nevada
In order to enroll in SilverSummit Healthplan, you must be eligible and enrolled in Nevada Medicaid or Nevada Check up.
Nevada Medicaid Application
To learn how to apply for Medicaid in Nevada, visit the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy section of the Official Department of Health & Human Services website below:
If you recently switched from another health plan, we've got you covered. You can keep any scheduled appointments and procedures and still go as planned. Don't worry. You still get the quality Medicaid you can count on.
Medicaid can be confusing. We GOT you.
- Local staff hired from communities where you live to help you access food, housing, transportation and more.
- Click here to ask questions to local staff: email@example.com
We know you're busy, so we make it easy for you to go to the doctor when you need to.
- No referral needed to see an in-network specialist ---- saving you time
- Free rides to your appointments and other services
- Lots of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and more in our large provider network near you
Customer Service Voice Response Unit (VRU)
Toll Free (800) 992-0900
Northern Nevada (775) 684-7200
Southern Nevada (702) 486-1646
Eligibility and Qualifications
To be eligible for enrollment with SilverSummit Healthplan, you must be a Nevada resident and live in urban Washoe or urban Clark County. If you are currently enrolled with Nevada Medicaid or Nevada Check Up and you move to these areas, enrollment with a managed care provider is mandatory unless you aged, blind, disabled, or meet certain other conditions.
When you apply for Medicaid in Nevada, we will determine your eligibility during the enrollment process.
90 Day Choice Period
Now's you chance to become part of the SilverSummit family. With our quality Medicaid insurance, we get you covered.
Get access to a network of doctors near you and coverage for vision, dental, and mental health.
- Get access to specialists without needing a referral. And if you need a ride to your appointment, we've got you covered with rideshare transportation.
- Get access to same-day mental health appointments near you.
- You get access to a large network of doctors near you with SilverSummit Healthplan.
- You get access to specialists without needing a referral.
To change your MCO fill out this form. Mail the completed form to: Nevada Medicaid, ATTN: MCO Changes, PO Box 30042, Reno, NV 89520. If you have questions call Nevada Medicaid and Nevada Check Up District Office - Northern Nevada (775) 684-1900/ Southern Nevada (702) 668-4200.
Already a SilverSummit member? Stay and enjoy.
It is important to know when the open enrollment period is each year. That is the time of year when people and organizations can change their health plans without needing to show cause. Open enrollment is between October 1, 2021 through January 15, 2022.
If you wish to change your MCO to SilverSummit Healthplan, we can assist you with doing so. Simply contact us and we’ll send you the appropriate forms.