Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Abuse means causing any physical, sexual or mental injury to you. This can also be taking advantage of your financial resources.
- Physical abuse. Any inappropriate contact that causes bodily harm. For example, being slapped, scratched, or pushed. Being threatened with a weapon, such as a knife or a gun, is another example.
- Sexual abuse. Any sexual behavior or intimate physical contact that occurs without your permission. This can be touching your genital area, buttocks or breasts.
- Mental abuse. When you feel emotional distress resulting from the use of demeaning or threatening words. This can also include signs, gestures and other actions. For example, controlling behavior, embarrassment or social isolation are types of mental abuse.
- Financial Abuse. When someone uses your money without your consent. This includes improper use of guardianship or power of attorney.
“Fraud” means to knowingly get benefits or payments that you are not entitled to receive. Please let us know if you are aware of someone who is committing fraud. This could be a provider or a member. Some examples of healthcare fraud include:
- A lie on an application
- Using someone else’s ID card
- A provider (doctor) billing for services that were not done
- Transportation (usage abuse)
If you think a provider, member or other person is misusing Nevada Medicaid benefits, please tell us right away. SilverSummit will take your call seriously. You do not need to give your name. Call Member Services. The phone number is 1-844-366-2880, TTY: 1-844-804-6086, Relay 711.
Suspected Fraud, Waste and Abuse may also be reported to Medicaid Fraud by completing this form and mailing it to the Office of the Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, 100 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701. You can also call the Nevada Medicaid Fraud Control Unit at 775-684-1100 or 702-486-3420.
To report waste, abuse, or fraud, gather as much information as possible.
When reporting about a provider (a doctor, dentist, counselor, etc.) include:
- Name, address, and phone number of provider
- Name and address of the facility (hospital, nursing home, home health agency, etc.)
- Medicaid number of the provider and facility, if you have it
- Type of provider (doctor, dentist, therapist, pharmacist, etc.)
- Names and phone numbers of other witnesses who can help in the investigation
- Dates of events
- Summary of what happened
When reporting about someone who gets benefits, include:
- The person’s name
- The person’s date of birth, Social Security Number, or case number if you have it
- The city where the person lives
- Specific details about the waste, abuse, or fraud
Potential Fraud, Waste or Abuse should be reported to SilverSummit Healthplan at:
Attn: Compliance Department
2500 N. Buffalo Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89128
or contact SilverSummit Healthplan's anonymous and confidential hotline at 1-866-685-8664 or by contacting the Healthplan's Compliance Officer at 1-844-366-2880 or ReportFWA@SilverSummithealthplan.com