Behavioral Health Training
SilverSummit Healthplan offers trainings and continuing education credits throughout Nevada for both behavioral health and physical health providers in our network at no cost. Our team provides mostly clinical, provider-focused education on topics that are geared towards improving member outcomes. Trainings can be done via live/interactive webinar or in-person.
How to sign up for trainings:
- View the list of all upcoming trainings
- Select the training date and time that you would like to attend
- Enter the required information and click “Register”
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link and instructions for joining the webinar.
NOTE: Please check your junk folder if you do not receive the confirmation email.
- When you join the webinar, the call-in telephone number and an attendee passcode will be displayed.
Training topics include:
- Behavioral Health 101
- De-Escalation Techniques
- DSM 5
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health First Aid (Adult and Youth)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Outpatient Treatment Request Form and Medical Necessity Criteria
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Positive Psychology
- Poverty Competency
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) for Physical Health Providers
- Stages of Change
- Substance Use Overview and Substance-Specific Modules
- Suicide Risk and Assessment Modules 1 & 2
- Trauma Informed Care
- Treatment and Documentation Guidelines for Behavioral Health Providers
For training requests and/or more information, please contact our Clinical Provider Trainer, Cassie Bohnett, at Cassandra.email@example.com.